Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lakefront at Langdon

Finally doing it. I have been waiting for this day for a long time now, n finally its here. Sitting by the lake, with terrace pizza and a soda, a roomie as a friend, and my laptop...I am experiencing what is understated as bliss... Nothing like sitting here and staring into infinity and beyond...gathering all the past thoughts...drowning the negatives into the lake and using the setting sun's rays to encourage myself on various aspects of life...

A lot is on my mind. I am not particularly sure about what I want from life...but...I am not stressed...Im not upset. I am in fact living it, n lovin' the uncertainity. For the first time after a long long time, maybe years...I feel like I am being totally myself without any fear of being judged. And...being me is fun :)

Water can have such a calming effect on the mind...it makes me think of each and every element involved in water. Basically its just Hydrogen n Oxygen...but a perfect combination of the two which provides for one of the most abundant and basic necessities of life. Why am i saying this? I don't know...I just feel like it...n the best part is I am not hesitating thinking that someone reading this post would be judging me, would be questioning the relevance of this post etc. A friend recently just spoke a few wise words which caught me, and I quote, "sabsa bada roge, kya kahenge loge"...which literally translates to - the biggest disease is the fear of being judged by people. Its amazing how the mind picks up the facts it needs the most at the right time...makes one feel there really is someone monitoring the way your life proceeds.

One of the most important facets of my life has been a little shaky of late. But, thats not important anymore. Whats important is that I am calm about it...and again, after a long time, my faith has formed its grip over me. I just feel like being a spectator now, and witnessing the way life unfolds with a completely unbiased tilt.

And the music behind is getting me grooving...its so cooooooolllll...sitting here! The sunlight kissing one cheek of mine, the wind blowing my hair from the other direction, the water giving the calming effect, the sound of music, and the vast space ahead of me. Its like the elements of nature, all dancing to the tune of Vanessa Mae and A.R. Rehman in Raaga dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrdvg6oqmWM)
...a creation I am yet to translate very soon from my mind into depiction of an expression of Unity in Diversity.

1 comment:

Ranga said...

Nice post Rika, good to have you back blogging and living it up in true Rika style!

A note to the generous ones...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please read on, at your own risk ;) And feel free to scold, advise, comment, reprimand, praise or just simply say 'hmm' :)