Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rain Rain DON'T go away!!

Its amazing how sometimes you feel like your prayers are being answered, when you feel the presence of the invisible one...
Last night was a bad one, for no reason. I'd say just cyclical. I found myself crying for all the little problems I have in life due to no trigger at all. And it was real crying, consisting of fisting in the air and all that. And I knew its just biological, but couldn't prevent it. Anyway, thankfully it lasted just about 45 minutes after which I was exhausted but feeling better. It was then amidst the 'recovery period' that I was shown, through a webcam, the screaming skies of Singapore - trees madly swaying in the storm, thunder crackling the window panes. In spite of being separated by the virtual world, I could feel the weather there. And oh, I longed for it so much! Hoping that at least once I get to witness a rainy day here. I mean snow oh yes, there is tons of it, but rain, not so much. And I realised I missed the rain...
Exhausted, I fell asleep with the lights turned on, to wake up to a messy bed, and both phone and laptop discharged. It seemed like it was early morning, from the little light I could see through the creaks of the curtains. I felt surprised having woken up that early considering I slept so late. Until I see the time - 9.30 am. That definitely didn't feel like 9.30am! I pulled open my curtains and there to my delight was the street of Madison wet with pouring rain! Oh the same feeling, after ages...filled up my heart! I quickly cleaned up my room, and invited a close friend over who made coffee for me :D It felt amazing, sitting and looking up pottery pictures, talking about spending the summers painting, and much about my childhood which I so terribly miss. He left and I decided I'm going to make pakoras today...yummm...in the evening with chai! A surge of energy to work, which is evident hasn't been embarked upon yet :P and a hope that this lasts for a while...
As I sit by my window on my chair and write this, I see people walking by in raincoats or under umbrellas. The view is slightly different, as these are different people, not the same uncles and aunties I am familiar with, but nonetheless, at least the weather feels like home. Small pleasures in life :-) And I thank you for giving me this happiness, even for a while...:-)

2 comments:

Ranga said...

Nice Post Riku! Rain is indeed beautiful and brings back memories of puddles in school, chai, pakoras and bhutta :) Hope this shower brings a ton of cheer and positivity for all of us in Madison.

simplime said...

BHUTTA!!! WOW YAAR TUMNE YAADEIN TAAZA KAR DI!!!

A note to the generous ones...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please read on, at your own risk ;) And feel free to scold, advise, comment, reprimand, praise or just simply say 'hmm' :)