Thursday, September 9, 2010

A sudden gush of wind

Sometimes you just impulsively feel like doing something. Right now I felt that for writing a post. I don't know what I want to say, but it seems like there is loads...

Its been crazy of late - an 8.30 class every morning, a problem set due every week, a journal club and a lab meeting presentation, topped with three papers to read at the last moment before a seminar, mentoring an undergraduate, settling accounts, making a poster for a conference, getting some travel documents endorsed...and the list goes on.

I didn't sleep last night, I almost slept off right under the professor's nose in the seminar, I havent eaten lunch today, and I have a heap of an assignment to do. But amidst all this, I feel blissful...

I love my new apartment. I am remembering a friend's painting I saw yesterday which has filled me up with creative thoughts. I am in total awe of a friend who has been there through thick and thin and literally been my best friend. I feel absolutely happy about getting back a friendship with a dearest of dear friends. I feel closer to my roommate and have a new level of affection for her. I am dying to meet some of my most favourite people next week.

Basically as a friend's blog title reads, I'm lovin' it!!

:):)

2 comments:

Macho Girl said...

Some of my best blog posts came out during times of great stress, like exam week, thesis submission week etc etc.... somehow i'm not surprised that even though you have so much to do, you feel blissfully content! I can relate to that right now, this minute :)

And yeah, setting up a new apartment from scratch, the way you did last weekend, can be pretty exhausting, but extremely satisfying. And you especially should feel happy because you have a super awesome taste with interior decoration!!!! :) :) :)

Keep the good times rolling :) And keep the blog posts rolling too! (we can serve as competition for each other :P)

Anonymous said...

This post really lifted my spirits. There can be nobody in the world happier than me right now. Thanks girlie :) :) :)

-AK

A note to the generous ones...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please read on, at your own risk ;) And feel free to scold, advise, comment, reprimand, praise or just simply say 'hmm' :)