Thursday, April 23, 2009

So I start blogging...

Well, this would not really be a 'first blog', I mean I have a site where I used to post stuff quite regularly at one point of time. But then, without realizing, I drifted away from myself...from things I love to do, one of them being writing. So why back again to the abode of the expressive ones?? Lots of reasons I'd say...the biggest one being the most common excuse in the world, time.

So yeah, I have had a lot of time for myself in the past few days, thanks to my little accident. I sprained my ankle really badly, tore a couple of ligaments and am now dependent on a robotic looking thing called 'leg walker'. It certainly does help me walk, without which I can't even limp around, but its still painful, and I am supposed to be taking bed rest for a few days. What happened that led to this accident is a long and dramatic story, which I won't do justice to if I abridge here. That will be a separate post, sometime later when I feel like it. Now I just feel like making myself comfortable in this abode.

It feels great to be typing out my feelings again, only this time I have chosen to keep a low 'profile'. No matter how expressive one is, I believe a lot gets filtered if you tell the web who you are. And I don't want to filter anything now. This is the place where I am who I am, completely, a place where I don't have to please anyone or be apprehensive about offending anyone. Its my space, where I can lay out the intricacies, simplicities and complications of my feelings and emotions without trying to blend in with the world's practicalities.

So here I am, and I promise myself to be a regular this time, and not let anything or anyone else attain priority over this part of me. And to begin with a positive note, I would like to say that I am lucky to find a dear friend, a sweetheart, who re-introduced me to myself, reminded me of who I am, and brought me back to this space...thanks so much MG...you have no idea what this means to me :)

2 comments:

Macho Girl said...

Like you said, whatever happens always happens for the best! Torn ligaments are really painful but you got something else now! :D

I hope you find everything you are looking for in this page. And i'll be here regularly to see if you have posted! :D

Here's to a brand new beginning :)

Anusha said...

Yay to blogging! I've fallen out of that habit myself, partly due to lack of time (and I know that's just an excuse), but partly because my heart's just not been in it for a long time now. Here's hoping that seeing new people enter this abode (as you call it) will inspire lazy minds to restart! :)

A note to the generous ones...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please read on, at your own risk ;) And feel free to scold, advise, comment, reprimand, praise or just simply say 'hmm' :)